Easy Homemade Tangy Cherry BBQ Sauce is made with fresh cherries, brown sugar and more. It goes perfectly with chicken, pork or fish.
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling - Cook: 25 minutes - Serves: 16
- 1 pound sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In medium saucepot, heat all ingredients to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes or until cherries are very tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Carefully transfer cherry mixture to blender and blend on high until smooth; cool completely. Refrigerate sauce in an airtight container up to 2 weeks. Makes about 4 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1/4 cup): 63 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 248mg Sodium, 16g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 14g Sugars, 10g Added Sugars, 1g Protein