The perfect staple to any backyard barbecue. Fire up the grill and make these juicy mini versions of a summertime favorite.
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 15 minutes - Grill: 5 minutes - Serves: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 8 slider buns
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, gently mix beef, cheese, sauce, salt and pepper; do not overmix. Form beef mixture into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) patties.
2. Place onion on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once; transfer to cutting board, coarsely chop.
3. Place patties on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°, turning once. About 1 minute before burgers are done, place buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 1 minute or until buns are toasted.
4. Spread bottom buns with mustard and top buns with ketchup; serve burgers in buns topped with arugula and onion. Makes 8 mini burgers.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 mini burgers): 549 Calories, 20g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 113mg Cholesterol, 900mg Sodium, 47g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 11g Sugars, 8g Added Sugars, 44g Protein