The perfect autumn spin on classic french toast. Brioche bread slices drenched in a simple pumpkin eggnog mixture then cooked on a griddle until deliciously golden brown and topped with a tasty pumpkin butter.
Get everything you need to make this delicious breakfast from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 10 minutes plus chilling Cook: 18 minutes Serves: 6
- ½ (29-ounce) can Food Club® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Food Club® Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter, 4 tablespoons softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Food Club® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Food Club® Iodized Salt
- 1 pinch Food Club® Nutmeg
- 12 (½-inch-thick) slices brioche bread
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Food Club® Original Syrup
- In medium bowl, stir ¼ cup pumpkin and 4 tablespoons softened butter; refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Makes about ½ cup.
- In wide, shallow dish, whisk eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg and remaining pumpkin. On griddle (or in large skillet), in 3 batches, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides and place on griddle; cook 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve French toast topped with pumpkin-butter mixture drizzled with syrup.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 pieces toast, 1⅓ tablespoons pumpkin-butter, 1 tablespoon syrup): 549 Calories, 30g Fat (16g Saturated), 151mg Cholesterol, 533mg Sodium, 61g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 28g Sugars, 10g Protein
Serve with your favorite fresh fruit and bacon to complete your breakfast.