Nothing says sweet summertime like pineapple. Try if fresh off the grill brushed with a cinnamon sugar sauce and topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 15 minutes plus soaking - Grill: 6 minutes - Serves: 8
- 8 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 (1 x 1 x 6-inch) strips
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat; soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
2. In small bowl, whisk butter, sugar and cinnamon. Thread pineapple onto skewers; brush with butter mixture. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
3. Serve skewers sprinkled with mint along with ice cream for dipping. Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 skewer, 2 tablespoons sauce): 106 Calories, 4g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 11mg Cholesterol, 9mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 15g Sugars, 4g Added Sugars, 1g Protein