This easy Onion & Swiss Burger recipe is guaranteed to make you drool! Topped with fresh sauteed onions, this Swiss cheeseburger recipe is perfect for grilling season!
Yield: 4 servings - Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
● 4 (1/4 lb) frozen beef patties (80% lean, 20% fat)
● 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
● 4 slices swiss cheese
● 4 hamburger buns
● Chopped lettuce
- Preheat a greased grill to medium heat.
- In a bowl, toss sliced onions with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook onion on grill until they are softened and browned, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Set onions aside while you grill the beef patties.
- Cook beef patties until charred and fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Adjust grill temperature as needed. Internal temperature should register 160°F on an
instant read thermometer.
- Top beef patties with swiss cheese during the last minute of cooking.
- To assemble burgers, add mayonnaise and mustard to buns and fill with lettuce, beef
patties with cheese, and grilled onions.
- Serve burgers immediately.
● If your grill has wide grates, cook onions in a grill basket or on a greased sheet of
● No need to thaw beef patties before cooking.