A pork dish perfect for the upcoming holidays. This Prairie Fresh® braided pork tenderloin recipe will be sure to standout as the centerpiece to your table.
What You’ll Need
- 2 Prairie Fresh® pork tenderloins
- 2 stalks green onion
- 3 large lemons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola, or olive oil
- Starting approximately 1 inch from the top of the larger end of the tenderloin, make two cuts lengthwise down the tenderloin, creating three strips of meat.
- Mix brown sugar, Greek seasoning, and oil in a bowl. Coat all areas of the tenderloin evenly.
- With a citrus peeler or using the smallest blade on your grater, peel a continuous strip of lemon rind (lemon peel) by rotating the lemon as you peel the rind. Set aside.
- Cut green onion stalks in half lengthwise.
- Braid lemon rind, green onion and pork tenderloin strips together by placing the lemon rind and green onion on top of one of the tenderloin strips, use the remaining two strips of tenderloin to braid.
- Tie the end of the braid with a small piece of butcher twine to hold everything together.
- Grill, smoke, or bake breaded tenderloin at 300 F until internal temperature reaches 145 F or for approximately 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.