Asian Noodle Soup
Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesServes: 6
- 4 ounces thin Asian-style noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 container (32 ounces) less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) AFS® Stir-Fry Mix
- 2½ tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced crosswise
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare noodles as label directs; drain and transfer to medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon oil and toss to combine; cover to keep warm.
- In large saucepot, cook garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat 30 seconds or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add pork, broth, Stir-Fry Mix, soy sauce and ginger; increase heat to medium-high and heat to a simmer. Simmer 7 minutes or until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add bok choy and corn; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide noodles (about ½ cup) into 6 bowls. Ladle soup over noodles; garnish with green onions.
Note from Dietitian
Note from the Dietitian: Each serving of soup is loaded with more than 2 cups of nutrient-rich veggies. This recipe contains 696mg sodium. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting daily sodium intake to 2300 mg. Limit sodium and saturated fats in other daily meals as part of a balanced approach to a healthy diet. Consider serving with a carbohydrate-based side or using this dish to balance higher carbohydrate meals in order to manage carbohydrate intake to about 60-70% of your daily caloric intake.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. 2015 - 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. 8th Edition. December 2015. Available at https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/
Approximate nutritional values per serving
- 278 Calories
- 6g Fat (1g Saturated)
- 61g Cholesterol
- 696mg Sodium
- 28g Carbohydrates
- 3g Fiber
- 4g Sugars
- 0g Added Sugars
- 28g Protein